”The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable” is the dumbest statement in history
The endgame of a referendum is achievable because history has proven that the Slogan of a ” Non Negotiable Unity ” is a myth and falsehood.
The Politicians in Nigeria are not the first to claim that the Country will remain “one and indivisible”. Many dictators before Buhari and Co have only used such slogans to cling to power. Permit me to cite a few of them:
1. Dictator Josef Wissarionowitsch Stalin vowed that the Soviet Union will remain “Non Negotiable United” ad infinitum. However, the dissolution of the USSR in 1991 resulted in the creation of 15 independent countries.
2. Dictator Josip Broz Tito promised that Yugoslavia will remain “one and indivisible” forever. Today we know that he was only day-dreaming
3. Dictator Umar al-Baschir swore that Sudan was “one and indivisible”. Today we know that he was simply playing to the gallery.
4. Dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam pledged that Ethiopia will remain “one and indivisible”. Today Eritrea is an independent country
5. Dictator Edvard Beneš swore that Czechoslovakia will remain “one and indivisible”. Today there are Czech Republic and slovakia as independent couintries
6. General Suharto vowed that Indonesia will remain “Non Negotiable United “. However, today East Timor is an independent state.
The truth of the matter is that APC combined with PDP can NEVER EVER maintain Nigeria “non Negotiatable unity”. The Soviet Union was the second most powerful nation in the world but she disintegrated into 15 independent states.