Female tourist pays man to guide her, he attempts to rape her instead

Female tourist pays man to guide her, he attempts to rape her instead

A 23-year-old American woman who went to Thailand on a tourist vacation came back with sad tales to tell. Hannah Gavios says she lost her way in Krabi, Thailand, and paid a guide to show her back to her hotel when the unexpected happened.

Gavios narrated:

“I really thought I was going to die. It was dark around 11PM and the only way to get back to my accommodation was by crossing the cliffs.

“I went inside a tourist shop and asked for help back to my hotel. They said it was dangerous to do at night so they told me to follow one of their workers.

“I didn’t get the best feeling about him but I was tired and wanted to get home. I’d been travelling for 16 hours so I guess I wasn’t feeling myself. I followed him up this trail and I was asking him ‘is this the right way?’. We were going up this steep mountain and using a flash light and I started panicking.

“While he was walking he grabbed me and was holding me down and trying to take off my clothes.

“I started punching him in the face and beating him up and biting off his ear. I was biting his ear so hard it almost came off. His ear was half torn off.

“He was in pain and asked me to stop, so we shook hands and he stopped but I was still nervous and he was still trying to harass me so there was no choice but to run. I started walking back to where I came from. Once there was distance between us I started running.

“It was pitch black and before I knew it I was in mid air falling off a cliff. I was honestly thinking I wouldn’t survive.

“I hit my head a few times and landed with a big bump. I was screaming in pain. It was the most painful thing ever. I felt like a total vegetable. I felt completely vulnerable. I couldn’t move anything.

“He heard me screaming and moaning and he came down and climbed down the mountain and starting crying and praying.

“He was feeling very guilty. I was begging him to call for help. He got on the phone and started calling and I thought somebody was coming but nobody came.

“I was stuck with this crazy person. I was in the woods in the bushes with wild snakes crawling on me while he was still continuing to harass me. He got on top of me. He took of his pants and masturbated.

“He didn’t rape me but he did everything else. I really thought I was going to die. I honestly didn’t know what to do. I just had to remain calm. whenever I screamed he was choking me so I had to try to keep cool and stay friendly with him.

“As soon as it got lighter I started calling for help. He kept saying ‘no police no police’. Eventually he left in the early hours of the morning and then I started screaming and then heard a voice. It was him with his co-workers and an ambulance came.

“My parents flew here from New York and now I’m much better. I’m taking one day at a time. But I’m really glad my legs aren’t broken. I want to stay in Asia and return to teaching in Vietnam. The police have told me that the man will stay in prison for between five and ten years.”