This interesting piece was copied (yeah, shamelessly copied. *covers face*) from someone’s Facebook wall.
Read and tell us which of them your parents told you while growing up:
*You must not eat from a cooking pot else your complexion would be as dark as charcoal.
* If a child crosses over a pregnant woman’s stretched out legs, she’ll birth a baby that has the child’s bad characters.
* If you sit on the mortar, your butt will swell.
* Singing to a flying egret would make your nails have white dots.
*It’s forbidden to look in the mirror at night else you’ll see demons or evil spirits.
*If you beat a boy with a broom, his joystick would shrink. Most men still avoid being beaten by a broom till date for fear of having a shrunk joystick.
*Sleeping with legs on the wall means you are a witch. Being caught in this position by anyone means you have gone to attend a witchcraft meeting.
*You shouldn’t walk backwards because it’s only ghosts that do.
*If you eat the eye of a fish, you will become a dullard. Most Nigerians still detest eating it till date.
* Whistling at night invites snakes into the house. Children were also warned to avoid blowing whistle at night for same reason.
* If it’s sunny and raining at the same time then a lion is giving birth.
*When a child looses a milk tooth, it’s to be tossed on a roof with seven stones else it would never grow back.
Can you related to any of these, dearies? You can add your own as well.