Portuguese footballer and Spanish side, Real Madrid star, Cristiano Ronaldo, has been announced the Best European Sportsperson for the second year in a row.
The Real Madrid star and Portugal captain had earlier won the award last year and had prior to this award been named the winner of the 2017 edition of the Ballon d’Or awards.
Cristiano Ronaldo came in on top with a total of 159 points beating Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton who garnered 143 points and tennis players Roger Federer with 124 points and Rafa Nadal with 113 points.
The full list of the sporting stars and their points are listed below:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo, football (Portugal) – 159pts
2. Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1 (GB) – 143pts
3. Roger Federer, tennis (Switzerland) – 124pts
4. Rafael Nadal, tennis (Spain) – 113pts
5. Sarah Sjoestroem, swimming (Sweden) – 75pts
6. Marcel Hirscher, alpine skiing (Austria) – 68pts
7. Laura Dahlmeier, biathlon (Germany) – 51pts
8. Mohamed Farah, athletics (GB) – 51pts
9. Chris Froome, road cycling (GB) – 50pts
10. Ekaterini Stefanidi, athletics (Greece) – 41pts