The Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance is offering Aberdeen Curtin Alliance PhD Scholarship to undertake a collaborative PhD in projects across a broad range of focus areas including energy and engineering, health and medicine, and business.
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
As Curtin University courses are taught in English, there are minimum English language requirements you must meet for admission. Entry is competitive and some courses require you to achieve a higher level than the minimum requirement.Advertisements
You can demonstrate your English skills through recognised tests and qualifications, including the International English Language Testing system (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) and through qualifications in English.
- Applications Deadline: January 10, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The alliance offers students the opportunity to undertake a collaborative PhD in projects across a broad range of focus areas including energy and engineering, health and medicine, and business.
- Scholarship Award: Students undertaking a collaborative PhD under the alliance are offered a seamless international experience as well as a fully funded scholarship with living stipend. You will spend time at each institution and will be supervised by both Aberdeen and Curtin research staff.
Living stipends will be awarded to the successful applicants. The living stipend is paid by the home institution when the student is studying at the home institution, and then by the host when the student is offshore at the host institution. The stipend rates are payable at the rate for each country. Curtin University will pay it’s stipend at the Australian Government RTP scholarship base rate of AU$27, 596.00 (2019) per annum. The University of Aberdeen will pay the UK Research and Innovation National Minimum Doctoral Stipend for 2018/19 of £14,777 per annum.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, International students, Australian Citizen and Australian Permanent Resident.
- Number of Scholarships: Five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia