Embattled leader of pro-Biafran group Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, says he is ready to drop the agitation of Biafra Republic if some certain conditions are met.
Kanu speaking to a group of visitors in the presence of our eye witness when they paid a visit to the vocal secessionist earlier this week, says that he will stop the agitation for Biafra if these conditions are met:
- Properties of Igbo people stolen by Nigeria during the 1967 Biafran war are returned to the rightful owners.
- The correct bank account balance of Igbo people which were exchanged to 20 pounds after the war by the Nigerian FG are returned – in the equivalence of today’s calculated exchange rates, with addition of official bank interest rates for the fees.
- Payment of the sum of 500 million dollars to families of each of the 3 million victims of the Biafra/ Nigeria Civil War
- Payment of the sum of 1 billion dollars to families of each of the deceased persons killed during Biafra protests in Aba, Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Nnewi between 2015 and 2016
- Resignation of President Buhari and ultimately, the conducting of a referendum to ascertain who wants to stay with One Nigeria or Not – in the current South-south and Southeast part of Nigeria.