Kenyan school girl dies after drinking chemical at school laboratory

Kenyan school girl dies after drinking chemical at school laboratory

About eight students of Longewan Secondary School, Samburu County, Kenya drank methanol when they broke into their school laboratory on Sunday 4 September 2016. One girl died while another is critically lying ill in hospital. The 6 others have been treated and discharged.

Confirming the incident, Samburu Central OCPD Abagoro Guyo, said:

“Eight students, five boys and three girls took the chemical. Some took it dry while others diluted it with soda.”

A doctor at Samburu County Referral Hospital where the surviving victim, a 17-year-old girl, was admitted explained:

“She cannot talk or open her eyes but her sleeping position shows she has severe abdominal pains.”